Advertising in Public Works Financing newsletter (1/16)
Public Works Financing (PWF) is the journal of record for the transportation, water and social infrastructure public-private partnership (PPP) industry in North America.
PWF has been published monthly under one owner since 1988. It now has 34 advertisers and is read by 4,000 senior government and private sector executives in the infrastructure project delivery business in North America. The split is 30% government and 70% private (investors, developers, contractors, advisors, associations, plus academics/students). Twenty-one of the top P3 market participants pay for the right to distribute PWF widely within their companies. Some distribute to over 70 employees.
The newsletter is distributed monthly both electronically as a pdf and on paper as a printed black & white newsletter. Individual subscribers pay $1,397/year private sector, $697/year government for 11 issues a year. Corporate subscribers pay $5,297 for company-wide distribution rights.
Current PWF advertisers are: Meridiam Infrastructure; Plenary Group; Macquarie Capital; Assured Guaranty; Key Bank; Kiewit Development; Ferrovial Agroman; Cintra; ACS/Iridium; Granite Construction; Herzog Contracting; Globalvia; Sacyr; Abertis; EGIS Projects; Suez; Veolia Water; Mayer Brown; Nossaman; Hawkins Delafield & Wood; Baker & McKenzie; Elias Group; AIAI; ARTBA; Ernst & Young; KPMG; HDR; CDM Smith; AECOM Enterprises; Jacobs; WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff; Raba Kistner; Lochner; OR Colan; TYPSA-AZTEC; C&M Associates.
Together, these firms dominate the P3 market in the U.S. They have successfully closed well over $300 billion worth of road, rail, water and buildings deals worldwide since 1988.
There are two ways to advertise in PWF
NUMBER ONE —> Full Service
Includes (1) Run a display ad in the news section up front (2) List your company’s contacts on the back page “Advertisers Index” (3) Appear in the “P3 Experts” section of our website, which receives 1,000 hits per month (4) Place your logo and about 110 words describing your P3 experience base in our “Public-Private Services Directory” in the back of each issue.
Print/pdf & website are included for an annual cost of:
- Full-page: $40,000
- Half-page: $26,400
- One-quarter page: $17,800
- Display only $13,800 for a one-quarter page display ad; no service directory ad
NUMBER TWO —> Public-Private Services Directory Only
Do not run a display ad. Run a Public-Private Services Directory ad in the back of each issue. This includes (1) Listing your company’s contacts on the back page “Advertisers Index” (2) Listing your company in the “P3 Experts” section of our website, which receives 1,000 hits per month (3) Placing your logo and about 110 words describing your P3 experience base in our “Public-Private Services Directory” in the back of each issue.
- Services Directory annual price—$8,750
> Display Advertising
- Full page—9.5 inches high by 7 inches wide
- Half page—4.5 inches high x 7-inches wide across two columns–horizontal format only
- Quarter page—4.5 inches by 3.5 inches (horizontal or vertical)
For the print version of PWF, please send print-ready pdf files of your black & white display ads and logos with all fonts embedded.
For the pdf version (in color), please send jpeg or similar graphics files of your color display ads and logos.
Color ads will be inserted in a pdf version emailed to subscribers each month. Black & white graphics will appear in the printed version of the same monthly issue.
> Public-Private Services Directory
Consists of a logo and text beneath it sent in separate files.
Send your logo sized to fit a space 3 inches wide by 5/8 inches high or smaller.
Send two different versions of logo: (1) a print-ready pdf in black & white, and (2) a jpeg or similar file of your logo in color.
To appear under your logo, please send services directory text as a text-only MSWord file (no formatting) of about 110 words.
Established in 1884, Kiewit is one of the largest construction organizations in North America leveraging a network of more than 50 offices to develop a respected multifaceted business presence across North America. With a staff of management, technical, financial, commercial and legal experts dedicated to successfully delivering P3 projects, our success is based on the trust that we have built with government officials, stakeholders and the financial community. As a recognized leader in design-build and P3 project development, Kiewit combines extraordinary financial credibility and extensive resources with a creative, solution-oriented approach to ensure a predictable outcome of success for our clients.
There are three reasons to advertise in PWF
NUMBER ONE —> PWF is the most respected news source in the PPP industry
Editor Bill Reinhardt was given the industry’s first-ever “Legacy Award” for lifetime achievement by the American Road and Transportation Builders Association in 2013.
“For 25 years Reinhardt’s reporting has earned him a reputation as an objective, unbiased interpreter of complex project delivery methods, making his publication an indispensable chronicle for anyone involved in P3s,” ARTBA wrote on its blog.
Megan Matson, partner Table Rock Capital— “I am finding your timely, meticulous, pertinent publication to be an invaluable round-up of key projects, key concepts, key developments and key players.”
Richard Fierce, Sr. VP, Fluor Corp.—“PWF is the #1, must-read publication in our industry.”
Clifford Eby, President, Transportation , WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff—“A lot of magazines and newsletters have come and gone from my brief case over the years, but PWF remains a consistent must-read.”
David Seltzer, Principal, Mercator LLC—“PWF is “the journal of record for our industry.”
NUMBER TWO —> PWF supports the PPP industry’s public education efforts
Our business philosophy for 25 years has been that a rising tide lifts all boats. We see our role as:
- Consistently meeting the industry’s demand for accurate, timely and fully objective reporting, and concise, clear writing.
- Closely following project opportunities and procurement results at all levels of government.
- Reporting in depth on the teaming strategies, technical innovations, financial engineering, and construction challenges involved in successful PPP procurements.
- Our website (PWFinance.net) contains an extensive, free library of PPP market data, academic research, government reports, congressional testimony and case studies covering transportation, water and social infrastructure markets.
- Major Projects Database. We also provide detailed project reports on every major U.S. and Canadian PPP that has been financed and built since 1988. These are available from our International Major Projects Database, which is based on information provided to PWF by PPP developers, government sources and first-person reporting.
- “Town-Gown Roundtable” Once a year in Washington, DC, PWF brings together the industry’s leading academics and P3 practitioners—state infrastructure agencies, developers, investors, rating agencies and advisors—to build closer relationships between the various participants in order to improve understanding of the PPP model in the U.S.
- PWF provides free subscriptions and access to our database to all students, upon request.
NUMBER THREE —> The PPP Industry Supports PWF
PWF is the only U.S.-owned news outlet in the PPP space. It is the best source of informed, objective analysis of alternative delivery models. It is reported and written with clarity and accuracy to serve executive-level decision makers.
PPP industry leaders have responded with their strong support of PWF. Of our current advertisers, 19 have marketed their services in PWF for over 10 years (eight of them for over 15 years and four for 20 years.) Our readership has grown every year since 1988. Our subscription renewal rate is 85%. Our advertising renewal rate is 92%.
Please contact William G. Reinhardt, Editor/Publisher
Public Works Financing newsletter
227 Elmer St., Westfield, NJ 07090
Office: (908) 654-6572 / cell (908) 577-8411