Public Works Financing (PWF) is the journal of record for the transportation, water and social infrastructure public-private partnership (PPP) industry in North America.
PWF has been published monthly since 1988 by Editor/Owner—William G. Reinhardt, winner of five national journalism awards spanning 40 years covering infrastructure development.
PWF now has 37 advertisers and is read by 4,750 senior government and private sector executives in the infrastructure project delivery business in North America. The split is 30% public/nonprofit and 70% private. The newsletter is distributed monthly to paid subscribers, both electronically as a color pdf and as a printed black & white newsletter of 36-40 pages.
There are three ways for you to advertise in PWF
- Full Service: (1) Run a display ad in the news section up front (2) List your company’s contacts on the back page “Advertisers Index” (3) Be listed in the “PPP Experts” section of our website, which receives 1,000 hits per month (4) Place your logo and 140 words describing your PPP experience in our monthly “Public-Private Services Directory” in the back of each issue. All are included for a single annual cost of:
> $40,000 for a one-page display (color and black & white), or
> $22,800 for a one-half page display (color and black & white)
> $14,800 for a one-quarter page display (color and black & white)
- Display Only: Run the above quarter-page display ad without the Services Directory ad—$11,800. Includes (2) and (3) above.
- Directory Only: Do not run a display ad. Run a Services Directory ad in the back of each issue at an annual cost of $8,750. Includes (2) and (3) above.
Three reasons to advertise in Public Works Financing
√ PWF is the most respected newsletter in the industry
Bill Reinhardt was given the industry’s first-ever “Legacy Award” for lifetime achievement by the American Road and Transportation Builders Association in 2013.
“For 25 years Reinhardt’s reporting has earned him a reputation as an objective, unbiased interpreter of complex project delivery methods, making his publication an indispensable chronicle for anyone involved in P3s,” ARTBA wrote on its blog.
“Public Works Financing is a must-read for everyone in transportation and infrastructure. Bill Reinhardt is one of the leading voices on transportation policy.”
> Rep. John K. Delaney (D-MD)
“PWF is the #1, must-read publication in our industry.”
> Richard Fierce, Sr. VP, Fluor Corp.
“A lot of magazines and newsletters have come and gone from my brief case over the years, but PWF remains a consistent must-read. Thanks for the great info and leadership in showing how important P3’s are to public infrastructure.”
> Clifford Eby, President, Transportation Parsons Brinckerhoff
PWF is “the journal of record for our industry.”
> David Seltzer, Principal, Mercator LLC
√ PWF supports the PPP industry’s education efforts
PWF sponsors six “PPP Breakfast Club” briefings annually in New York City to bring together the leaders of the industry for high-level discussions of market changes.
At its own expense, PWF organizes, sponsors and webcasts “town-gown” discussions among the industry’s leading academics and P3 practitioners—state infrastructure agencies, developers, investors, rating agencies and advisors—to build closer relationships in order to advance use of the PPP model in the U.S.
We email complimentary copies of our monthly newsletter to:
- The governors and staff of the National Governors Association’s transportation committee
- all state transportation secretaries
- the chairs of all state legislative committees overseeing transportation issues
- U.S. congressional committee staffers
- 50 big-city mayors and their chiefs of staff
- all students, upon request
Our website (PWFinance.net) contains an extensive, free library of PPP market data, academic papers, government reports, congressional testimony and case studies covering transportation, water and social infrastructure markets.
For advertisers, subscribers and researchers, we provide detailed project reports on every major U.S. water, social infrastructure and transportation PPP financed and built in the U.S. since 1988. These are available from our International Major Projects Database, which is based on information provided to PWF by PPP developers, government sources and first-person reporting.
√ The PPP industry supports PWF
PWF is the only U.S.-owned news outlet in the PPP space. Our business philosophy for 25 years has been that a rising tide lifts all boats. We see our role as:
- Helping to inform public-sector leaders of the value of the PPP delivery model.
- Consistently meeting the industry’s demand for accurate, timely and fully objective reporting, and concise, clear writing.
- Closely following project opportunities and procurement results at all levels of government.
- Reporting in depth on the teaming strategies, technical innovations, financial engineering and construction challenges involved in successful PPP procurements.
PPP industry leaders have responded with their strong support of PWF. Of our current advertisers, 19 have marketed their services in PWF for over 10 years (eight of them for over 15 years and four for 20 years.) Our readership has grown every year since 1988.
Current PWF advertisers are: AIAI; Kiewit Development; Meridiam Infrastructure; Granite Construction; Herzog Contracting; Flatiron; Ferrovial Agroman; Cintra; ACS/Iridium; OHL Concessions; GlobalVia; Sacyr; Abertis; EGIS Projects; China Construction; United Water; Veolia Water; Arup; Ernst & Young; KPMG; HDR | InfraConsult; CDM Smith; AECOM; Jacobs; HNTB; Parsons Brinckerhoff; Raba Kistner; TYPSA Group Aztec; Louis Berger Group; Lochner MMM; OR Colan; Nossaman; Hawkins Delafield; Elias Group; Osler.
Together, these firms dominate the P3 market—they have successfully closed well over $300 billion worth of road, rail, water and buildings projects worldwide since 1985.
For the print version of PWF, please send print-ready pdf files of display ads and logos with all fonts embedded; for both display ads and company logos used in directory ads. Please send all graphics in color as well as black & white. Color ads will be inserted in an electronic, emailed version of each monthly issue. The black & white graphics will appear in our printed version.
Display Ad Dimensions
Full-page: 9 ½ inches high and 7 inches wide
One-half page: 4 1/2-inches high and 7 inches wide across two columns (horizontal format only)
One-quarter page: 3 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches (horizontal or vertical)
Public-Private Services Directory
- Directory Logo: size is 3 ½ wide by 5/8 inches or smaller
- Directory text: should be sent as a MSWord text file (no formatting) of about 140 words.
Established in 1884, Kiewit is one of the largest construction organizations in North America leveraging a network of more than 50 offices to develop a respected multifaceted business presence across North America. With a staff of management, technical, financial, commercial and legal experts dedicated to successfully delivering P3 projects, our success is based on the trust that we have built with government officials, stakeholders and the financial community. As a recognized leader in design-build and P3 project development, Kiewit combines extraordinary financial credibility and extensive resources with a creative, solution-oriented approach to ensure a predictable outcome of success for our clients.
Contact: Joe Wingerter, Director of P3 Project Development, Kiewit Corp. (402) 943-1329, Joe.Wingerter@Kiewit.com or James Bennett, Director Project Development, Kiewit Canada Development Co., (647) 453-5719, email@example.com
# # #