After three years of start-and-stop work by a P3 developer upgrading a segment of I-69 near Bloomington, the Indiana Finance Authority (IFA) finally seems ready to terminate the 35-year DBFOM agreement it signed in 2014 and restart work under a construction management contract, sources say.
Two of the losing bidders for the P3, Walsh Group and Lane Construction, competed for the CM contract, which IFA will award once termination details are settled. Completion of the project is now set for August 2018, almost two years late.
IFA awarded a $370-million availability pay DBFOM contract to Isolux Infrastructure in 2014. Its bid included a very low design-build price, which, at $325 million, was $75 million less than Walsh‘s bid.
Work is about half completed on the 22-mile Segment 5 of I-69. IFA recently said it would take nearly $237 million to finish the project, and that $72 million was available. That means $164 million is needed to “complete construction and resolve claims,” it said.
Download Sample Issue
Latest Industry News
- Change Agent Joe Aiello Retires
- Special Report: Diversity/Inclusivity In P3s Is a Work In Progress
- Diversity: Fluor’s LINXS Team Raises The Bar On Diversity
- Diversity: The Promise And Pitfalls Of P3s And Diversity
- Diversity: Dispelling Another P3 Myth, By Dusty Holcombe, VP RS&H, October 2016
- Diversity: Proactive Steps Necessary To Address Diversity Gap
- Diversity: Minority Contractors Want P3 Toll Regulation, Community Benefit Agreements
- Transportation Policy Review
- Metro Washington Express Lane Network Gets Big Business Endorsement
- Balancing Public Policy and Finance in Express Lanes P3s by Ed Regan, Sr VP CDM Smith
- Academic Perspectives on P3s
- Canada Blocks Sale Of Aecon To Chinese
- Fengate Readies For Push Into US
- Aecon Quits ACS/Fluor Gordie Howe Team
- Chile Tenders $525-Million Highway
- Bogotá Rolls Out $4-Billion Elevated Rail P3
- n Gruppo Gavio and Ardían Plan International Joint Venture
- Hochtief Secures Abertis For Atlantia and ACS
- The Comparative Benefits of Revenue Risk vs. Availability Payment P3s
- Compare AP And RR Bid Options To Calculate Revenue Risk Premiums
- FHWA Reverses ACS Blacklisting
- SR91 Express Linkage Shows Managed Lanes Synergies
- Schedule and Price Are Reset For Pennsylvania P3 Rapid Bridges
- What About Tolling Big Trucks? by Robert Poole Jr.
- Two Decades of DBFO Roads in the UK and Spain: An Evaluation of Financial Performance