At least four groups in and outside the Trump administration have been working on infrastructure policy. Gary Cohn, director of the National Economic Council, is directing the effort, together with James Ray at the U.S. Department of Transportation, and DJ Gribbin, Special Assistant to the President for Infrastructure Policy. In addition, there is a committee of outside advisers co-chaired by real estate developer Richard LeFrak, a Trump friend.
All have strong P3 credentials, especially Cohn, who was CEO of Goldman Sachs when it advised on four large U.S. toll road DBFOM projects and the privatization of the Indiana Toll Road, a deal worth $3.85 billion.
Holding the group together long term may be a challenge. News reports in early June indicate that Cohn, a Democrat, may be seeking Janet Yellen’s chair at the Federal Reserve, which she’ll leave next February.
Download Sample Issue
Latest Industry News
- Financial Close on I-66 Raises the Bar on Transport P3s
- Careful: Public Benefits Are Vulnerable to Change
- VDOT Raises The Bar on P3 Procurements
- Trump’s DOT Flops on Its First TIFIA P3 Loan
- Foreign Bidders Dominate Alabama I-10 Demand Risk P3
- Build America Bureau Seeks T&R Guidelines
- Arup to Pay $100m Damages for “Absurd” Forecast on Brisbane Toll Tunnels
- Lock In Equity
- The (Mis)Use of Econometric Models in Traffic Forecasting: A Discussion Pape
- The Revival of Revenue-Risk Highway P3s, by Robert W. Poole, Jr.,
- MBTA Signs $723m Automated Fare Collection P3
- Reviving A Failed Transit Project
- Denver I-70 P3 Headed to Financial Close
- Academic Perspectives on P3s
- Brazil’s Mato Grosso P3s Lure Commodity Traders
- Argentina Rolls Out Infra P3 Plan
- Sacyr / Finic Finance Major Greenfield Road in Italy
- P3 League Table Charts
- Chart: World’s Top Transportation Developers 2017
- Chart: Global P3 Developers Ranked On Invested Capital
- Chart: Global Transportation Market Hits the Doldrums in 2017
- Chart: Top Design-Builders Driving U.S. P3 Success
- Chart: A Close Look at the U.S. Transportation P3 Market 1993-2017
- Chart: Top Transportation Developers in the U.S.
- Chart: Design-Build Performance Shines Under U.S. P3 Model