At least four groups in and outside the Trump administration have been working on infrastructure policy. Gary Cohn, director of the National Economic Council, is directing the effort, together with James Ray at the U.S. Department of Transportation, and DJ Gribbin, Special Assistant to the President for Infrastructure Policy. In addition, there is a committee of outside advisers co-chaired by real estate developer Richard LeFrak, a Trump friend.
All have strong P3 credentials, especially Cohn, who was CEO of Goldman Sachs when it advised on four large U.S. toll road DBFOM projects and the privatization of the Indiana Toll Road, a deal worth $3.85 billion.
Holding the group together long term may be a challenge. News reports in early June indicate that Cohn, a Democrat, may be seeking Janet Yellen’s chair at the Federal Reserve, which she’ll leave next February.
Download Sample Issue
Latest Industry News
- Change Agent Joe Aiello Retires
- Special Report: Diversity/Inclusivity In P3s Is a Work In Progress
- Diversity: Fluor’s LINXS Team Raises The Bar On Diversity
- Diversity: The Promise And Pitfalls Of P3s And Diversity
- Diversity: Dispelling Another P3 Myth, By Dusty Holcombe, VP RS&H, October 2016
- Diversity: Proactive Steps Necessary To Address Diversity Gap
- Diversity: Minority Contractors Want P3 Toll Regulation, Community Benefit Agreements
- Transportation Policy Review
- Metro Washington Express Lane Network Gets Big Business Endorsement
- Balancing Public Policy and Finance in Express Lanes P3s by Ed Regan, Sr VP CDM Smith
- Academic Perspectives on P3s
- Canada Blocks Sale Of Aecon To Chinese
- Fengate Readies For Push Into US
- Aecon Quits ACS/Fluor Gordie Howe Team
- Chile Tenders $525-Million Highway
- Bogotá Rolls Out $4-Billion Elevated Rail P3
- n Gruppo Gavio and Ardían Plan International Joint Venture
- Hochtief Secures Abertis For Atlantia and ACS
- The Comparative Benefits of Revenue Risk vs. Availability Payment P3s
- Compare AP And RR Bid Options To Calculate Revenue Risk Premiums
- FHWA Reverses ACS Blacklisting
- SR91 Express Linkage Shows Managed Lanes Synergies
- Schedule and Price Are Reset For Pennsylvania P3 Rapid Bridges
- What About Tolling Big Trucks? by Robert Poole Jr.
- Two Decades of DBFO Roads in the UK and Spain: An Evaluation of Financial Performance