The Quebec government has committed Cdn$1.3 billion to buy equity in a unique transit P3 but the project is contingent on a similar promise from the federal government.
The province’s recent budget contained the backing for the Cdn$6-billion Réseau électrique métropolitain (REM), a 67-km LRT in Montreal being advanced by the government and the manager of the province’s pension funds, the Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec. As well as equity, the government is contributing hundreds of millions of dollars in other forms of support.
The project relies on an intricate web of public-sector agencies and governments, with financial commitments coming from several of them. It ultimately hinges on deals to be signed between governments, the Caisse, and the Montreal transit agency, assuming the federal money appears. That’s a good bet given national politics and federal support for transit in Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver, among other centers.
Download Sample Issue
Latest Industry News
- Financial Close on I-66 Raises the Bar on Transport P3s
- Careful: Public Benefits Are Vulnerable to Change
- VDOT Raises The Bar on P3 Procurements
- Trump’s DOT Flops on Its First TIFIA P3 Loan
- Foreign Bidders Dominate Alabama I-10 Demand Risk P3
- Build America Bureau Seeks T&R Guidelines
- Arup to Pay $100m Damages for “Absurd” Forecast on Brisbane Toll Tunnels
- Lock In Equity
- The (Mis)Use of Econometric Models in Traffic Forecasting: A Discussion Pape
- The Revival of Revenue-Risk Highway P3s, by Robert W. Poole, Jr.,
- MBTA Signs $723m Automated Fare Collection P3
- Reviving A Failed Transit Project
- Denver I-70 P3 Headed to Financial Close
- Academic Perspectives on P3s
- Brazil’s Mato Grosso P3s Lure Commodity Traders
- Argentina Rolls Out Infra P3 Plan
- Sacyr / Finic Finance Major Greenfield Road in Italy
- P3 League Table Charts
- Chart: World’s Top Transportation Developers 2017
- Chart: Global P3 Developers Ranked On Invested Capital
- Chart: Global Transportation Market Hits the Doldrums in 2017
- Chart: Top Design-Builders Driving U.S. P3 Success
- Chart: A Close Look at the U.S. Transportation P3 Market 1993-2017
- Chart: Top Transportation Developers in the U.S.
- Chart: Design-Build Performance Shines Under U.S. P3 Model