The Quebec government has committed Cdn$1.3 billion to buy equity in a unique transit P3 but the project is contingent on a similar promise from the federal government.
The province’s recent budget contained the backing for the Cdn$6-billion Réseau électrique métropolitain (REM), a 67-km LRT in Montreal being advanced by the government and the manager of the province’s pension funds, the Caisse de depot et placement du Quebec. As well as equity, the government is contributing hundreds of millions of dollars in other forms of support.
The project relies on an intricate web of public-sector agencies and governments, with financial commitments coming from several of them. It ultimately hinges on deals to be signed between governments, the Caisse, and the Montreal transit agency, assuming the federal money appears. That’s a good bet given national politics and federal support for transit in Ottawa, Toronto, Calgary and Vancouver, among other centers.
Download Sample Issue
Latest Industry News
- Change Agent Joe Aiello Retires
- Special Report: Diversity/Inclusivity In P3s Is a Work In Progress
- Diversity: Fluor’s LINXS Team Raises The Bar On Diversity
- Diversity: The Promise And Pitfalls Of P3s And Diversity
- Diversity: Dispelling Another P3 Myth, By Dusty Holcombe, VP RS&H, October 2016
- Diversity: Proactive Steps Necessary To Address Diversity Gap
- Diversity: Minority Contractors Want P3 Toll Regulation, Community Benefit Agreements
- Transportation Policy Review
- Metro Washington Express Lane Network Gets Big Business Endorsement
- Balancing Public Policy and Finance in Express Lanes P3s by Ed Regan, Sr VP CDM Smith
- Academic Perspectives on P3s
- Canada Blocks Sale Of Aecon To Chinese
- Fengate Readies For Push Into US
- Aecon Quits ACS/Fluor Gordie Howe Team
- Chile Tenders $525-Million Highway
- Bogotá Rolls Out $4-Billion Elevated Rail P3
- n Gruppo Gavio and Ardían Plan International Joint Venture
- Hochtief Secures Abertis For Atlantia and ACS
- The Comparative Benefits of Revenue Risk vs. Availability Payment P3s
- Compare AP And RR Bid Options To Calculate Revenue Risk Premiums
- FHWA Reverses ACS Blacklisting
- SR91 Express Linkage Shows Managed Lanes Synergies
- Schedule and Price Are Reset For Pennsylvania P3 Rapid Bridges
- What About Tolling Big Trucks? by Robert Poole Jr.
- Two Decades of DBFO Roads in the UK and Spain: An Evaluation of Financial Performance