The Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) got a much-needed morale boost this month with the signing of the country’s first P3 agreement for a system-wide automated fare collection (AFC) installation (see above), and the rescue of a $2.3-billion light rail expansion that had blown up a few years ago under a poorly managed Construction Manager/General Contractor (CM/GC) contract.
A Fluor-led joint venture was awarded a $1.1-billion design-build contract on Nov. 20 to rebuild and extend sections of MBTA’s 4.5-mile Green Line on existing railroad rights-of-way in an unusually tight corridor north of Boston proper. Disagreements over consequential damages and the extent of indemnification of MBTA were finally settled and GLX Constructors signed a contract at a price that includes all additive options, plus MBTA’s contingency, and is still well below the $1.3-billion affordability limit.
Download Sample Issue
Latest Industry News
- The Chinese Are Coming!!!
- Denver Eagle Rail P3 Close to the Brink
- Canada Is The Door To The U.S. P3 Market
- Atlantia And ACS To Shake Up Toll Road Industry
- P3 Industry Startled By Federal Blackball Of ACS Group
- Shikun & Binui Corruption Charged
- Japan’s Megabuilders Charged With Bid Rigging
- Thimble Shoal Teams Line Up For HRBT Design-Build
- Macquarie To Run U.S. P3s From London
- Transurban Pays Macquarie $670 Million For Montreal A25 Toll Road
- PBBC Moves Quickly On Debt Deductibility Problem
- IRR Impact Estimates Range Widely
- Carillion’s Collapse Signals The End Of PPPs In The UK
- IATA: 100% Of Air Privatizations A Failure
- Three Teams Shortlisted For DC Streetlights
- California High Speed Rail Phase One Costs Skyrocket
- More Trouble On SH 130 Toll Concession
- Legal Issues Raised In The SH 130 Lawsuit
- SNC-Lavalin Wins Montreal LRT DBF
- BC To Use DBF For New Bridge
- Carillion Selling P3s in Bankruptcy
- Colombia’s 4G Road Program Revives
- Chile’s New President Set On Infra Growth
- ACS/Fluor’s $1.9bn People Mover P3 Bid At LAX Is Below Owner’s Estimate
- New Tax Law Impacts Rattle the P3 Infrastructure Industry in the U.S.