Japan’s Sumitomo Corporation has jumped on board Odebrecht Ambiental (OA), joining Brookfield in the acquisition of 70% of OA. Sumitomo’s share will be 14% for $250 million. The other 30% stake is owned by Brazilian worker compensation and retirement fund FGTS. It’s not clear whether FGTS will also sell its stake to Brookfield. Brookfield will retain the company’s Sâo Paulo base.
Twenty-six water supply and sewage treatment facilities and four industrial water treatment plants operated by OA are passing to BRK Ambiental, the new brand name OA is adopting under Brookfield.
Brookfield agreed to buy 70% of OA for $768 million last year, the largest divestment in the Brazilian water sector.
Download Sample Issue
Latest Industry News
- Change Agent Joe Aiello Retires
- Special Report: Diversity/Inclusivity In P3s Is a Work In Progress
- Diversity: Fluor’s LINXS Team Raises The Bar On Diversity
- Diversity: The Promise And Pitfalls Of P3s And Diversity
- Diversity: Dispelling Another P3 Myth, By Dusty Holcombe, VP RS&H, October 2016
- Diversity: Proactive Steps Necessary To Address Diversity Gap
- Diversity: Minority Contractors Want P3 Toll Regulation, Community Benefit Agreements
- Transportation Policy Review
- Metro Washington Express Lane Network Gets Big Business Endorsement
- Balancing Public Policy and Finance in Express Lanes P3s by Ed Regan, Sr VP CDM Smith
- Academic Perspectives on P3s
- Canada Blocks Sale Of Aecon To Chinese
- Fengate Readies For Push Into US
- Aecon Quits ACS/Fluor Gordie Howe Team
- Chile Tenders $525-Million Highway
- Bogotá Rolls Out $4-Billion Elevated Rail P3
- n Gruppo Gavio and Ardían Plan International Joint Venture
- Hochtief Secures Abertis For Atlantia and ACS
- The Comparative Benefits of Revenue Risk vs. Availability Payment P3s
- Compare AP And RR Bid Options To Calculate Revenue Risk Premiums
- FHWA Reverses ACS Blacklisting
- SR91 Express Linkage Shows Managed Lanes Synergies
- Schedule and Price Are Reset For Pennsylvania P3 Rapid Bridges
- What About Tolling Big Trucks? by Robert Poole Jr.
- Two Decades of DBFO Roads in the UK and Spain: An Evaluation of Financial Performance