The White House FY 2018 budget on infrastructure includes:
• A 13% overall funding cut for the Department of Transportation.
• A $95-billion cut to surface transportation funding though the Highway Trust Fund over the next decade.
• The elimination of the TIGER grant program, an annual $499-million reduction in national infrastructure investment.
• A 45% cut to the Federal Transit Administration’s Capital Investment Program (New Starts), limiting future funding to projects with existing full funding grant agreements only.
• The elimination of the Essential Air Service program, which supports commercial air service to rural America and a $630-million reduction in federal support for Amtrak.
A fact sheet with proposals for the White House’s new infrastructure initiative, including expansions of TIFIA and the Private Activity Bonds program, increased use of tolling, and changes in the permitting process, and federal accounting. Fixing the Highway Trust Fund is not mentioned.
(Big picture, the Trump budget optimistically assumes annual GNP growth of 3% and then double counts the positive impact of that growth on the federal budget. The Congressional Budget Office will re-estimate the impact soon, and it will show trillions in new debt that has to be offset with budget cuts.)
Download Sample Issue
Latest Industry News
- Financial Close on I-66 Raises the Bar on Transport P3s
- Careful: Public Benefits Are Vulnerable to Change
- VDOT Raises The Bar on P3 Procurements
- Trump’s DOT Flops on Its First TIFIA P3 Loan
- Foreign Bidders Dominate Alabama I-10 Demand Risk P3
- Build America Bureau Seeks T&R Guidelines
- Arup to Pay $100m Damages for “Absurd” Forecast on Brisbane Toll Tunnels
- Lock In Equity
- The (Mis)Use of Econometric Models in Traffic Forecasting: A Discussion Pape
- The Revival of Revenue-Risk Highway P3s, by Robert W. Poole, Jr.,
- MBTA Signs $723m Automated Fare Collection P3
- Reviving A Failed Transit Project
- Denver I-70 P3 Headed to Financial Close
- Academic Perspectives on P3s
- Brazil’s Mato Grosso P3s Lure Commodity Traders
- Argentina Rolls Out Infra P3 Plan
- Sacyr / Finic Finance Major Greenfield Road in Italy
- P3 League Table Charts
- Chart: World’s Top Transportation Developers 2017
- Chart: Global P3 Developers Ranked On Invested Capital
- Chart: Global Transportation Market Hits the Doldrums in 2017
- Chart: Top Design-Builders Driving U.S. P3 Success
- Chart: A Close Look at the U.S. Transportation P3 Market 1993-2017
- Chart: Top Transportation Developers in the U.S.
- Chart: Design-Build Performance Shines Under U.S. P3 Model